Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions by our customers.
I received my order. How do I start?
Clear an area to work in. Cover your area with newspapers to keep it clean. It is best to work in a room with a washable floor in case of accidental spillages.
- Unravel your canvas and lay it out so it is flat.
Fill a cup of water with which to clean your brush.
Check which colors correspond to which numbers.
- Start painting!
- After you have finished, you can frame it, or go over any areas with more paint of the same color to add greater depth and contrast. You should always have more than enough paint for your painting, so why waste that extra paint?
- There is no strict rule as to how you should be painting your set – our aim is to encourage enjoyment and relaxation in art, rather than to achieve “perfection”. Painting by numbers allows anyone regardless of your skill level, to paint a masterpiece through simple instructions – we hope to keep it this way. However, please see some of our general recommendations and tips below which we have picked up along the way!
OUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PAINTING BY NUMBERS
- If you would like to finish your painting in the shortest amount of time, start from painting one top corner and branch out. If you paint right-handed, start from the top left-hand corner. If you are left-handed, start painting from the top right-hand corner. This will allow you to continue painting out whilst resting your hand on clean canvas so you don’t need to wait for the rest of the paint to dry.
- Wash your brush off when you finish to avoid accidentally mixing colors. Ensure the brush is relatively dry before dipping into more paint. You do not want to dilute the paint!
- Always keep your paint pots closed if unused. Minimise any air exposure so the paint pots last!
- If possible. Start with painting the background / lighter colours first. This includes whites / cream based colors etc. This will make it easier for you later if you need to go over any edges with darker colors.
- If you ordered a DIY wood frame, assemble your frame first and attach the clean canvas on before painting. This will help ensure your precious work-in-progress stays stationary. You can either attach the canvas on with pins, staples, or hammer in small nails on the edges.
If you have any other questions, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com for quick support! We love hearing from all our customers no matter the query.
Where is my order?
Total Delivery Time = Processing Time + Shipping Time
Processing Time: Before we ship your order, we have to prepare your products and package items carefully.
We ship to over 200 countries worldwide through fast and reliable delivery partners from our international suppliers so packages usually arrive at your doorstep between 12-30 days after you place your order. In extremely rare cases, it may take a bit longer. Factors such as bottlenecks in shipping and delays at customs may impact delivery time.
You can track your order by simply referring to your Tracking ID which you can find in your shipping confirmation email.
Why did I only receive part of my order?
We ship our items from multiple locations overseas, so orders with multiple items may arrive separately and at slightly different times.
Why did I receive two separate tracking numbers?
Because we ship from multiple locations, your order may arrive in multiple packages. Each package is assigned a different tracking ID.
What shipping provider do you use?
You can expect to receive your package(s) through your local carrier (USPS if you are located in the US, and Australia Post if you are located in Australia) after it passes customs. Times will vary depending on multiple factors, including seasonality, backlog, and the speed of your local carrier.
What is your Refund Policy?
If you’re unhappy with your order for any reason, let us know through the form submission below, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All you’ll have to do is ship the item(s) to our location and we’ll extend you a full refund upon receipt and item inspection.
What is your Exchange Policy?
All you’ll have to do is ship the item(s) to our office location and we’ll ship you out a replacement item (or items).
How can I contact you // where can I find customer support?
Please contact our team on email@example.com for a speedy reply!
Custom Paint by Numbers